Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A turning of the page....

I fear that I will never see this sight again. Tommy has informed us that he would rather pursue track this spring instead of baseball and he isn't sure about summer ball. While I respect his decision, it is a bit of a life changer for us. We have spent the past 13 summers at ball parks, first with the girls and then the guys. I cannot imagine a summer without the traveling, the smelly uniforms and bat bags or most importantly, the popcorn at Moeller Field. I still miss watching the girls play fast pitch softball. Of course, they both play on a women's slow pitch league in the summer, but it is not quite the same. Well life is about change isn't it? We must embrace the new and make the best of it. Did I mention I really do not like track meets during Nebraska's cold and windy springs?! But we will cheer Tommy on and wish him the greatest of success!


No comments: