Thursday, April 7, 2011

Yellow finches

I love spring! I put up a new finch feeder a couple of weeks ago and have been patiently waiting for the arrival of yellow finches. I was able to attract them at my old house, so I was hoping to catch a glimpse of some here. Today they arrived.....first one......
then three.......



It looks as though there are 6 or 7 here. I was actually able to count eleven a little later.



There are wonderful things happening all over our yard right now. The naked lady lilies have put up lush leaves. My roses are showing signs of life and my one little daffodil plant is up, but yet to bloom. And apparently, I planted a tulip last year....I do not remember doing it, so I assume it was a grocery store plant that I stuck in ground after it had died out inside. I wonder what color it is? I hope to work in the yard all weekend and finish clearing up the rest of the leaves. We have 3 large Bur Oaks in our backyard and they lose their leaves all winter and into the spring so they do not get cleaned up in the fall. Last weekend I cleaned up the front yard and filled the back of Pete's truck once. I think Pete will be making several trips this weekend...weather permitting. Loving Spring!

No comments: