Saturday, September 6, 2008

Apples Galore!!!!!

My dear friend Peggy and her husband came buy today to share their bounty of apples. Wow. I have never had this many apples in my possession. I plan to make a deep dish apple pie tomorrow and I am currently researching how to store (be it canning, freezing, etc.) these puppies with the least amount of work and money :) Today was a lazy day, it was rainy and dreary. I cooked breakfast for the grand kids while Pete worked in his garden and then just took it easy. Pete ordered the Husker game on Pay per view. They won, but Pete was disappointed in their performance. Not being a football expert, nor wanting to become one, I'll take Pete at his word. I had planned to spend the day sprucing up the house, but there is something very alluring about the sound of a football game on a cool day. The couch beckons with it's comfy throws. A lovely mug of tea and thoughts of house sprucing are just a passing whim. I did work my way through several loads of laundry so I guess not all was lost. The cool weather and going back to work makes me neglect my garden. Some of the roses are having a second wind, which is lovely. I think that I am ready to put the garden to sleep and mulch everything in for the winter. I am ready to turn my attention to the house. We could use a bit of sprucing up and organizing before the holidays.

God's Blessings,
Elizabeth



1 comment:

Michelle said...

Those apples look yummy. Unfortunately, I am not a pie maker, so they would be a lost cause for me. I can bake mean cake, though! :)