Thursday, August 7, 2008

St. Louis --The Arch

This morning we visited The Arch - it is stunning. I believe to truly appreciate it, you have to see it in person. It is huge and really makes an amazing statement in the landscape. There is a museum, movies and you can ride to the top. Pete and Tom chose to go the IMAX movie about Louis and Clark, Nick rode to the top and down and I visited the museum. I was stunned to find out that there were 10 million Native American Indians in North America when the Europeans arrived. I had never imagined that there were so many.



Nick and Tom - the base of the Arch is enormous.



Nick took a few pictures from the top. I love this picture. It is of the historic courthouse which the Dred Scott decision was made. The boys have both given presentations of this subject, so it was a real look at history.


1 comment:

deinnr said...

I LOVE this picture...I wish I could have been there!